Sunday, July 29, 2012

Burning the midnight oil

Well I'm moving again.
Seven hours and fifteen minutes from now, to be roughly exact. I should really go to bed, but am being kept awake by a nasty bout of acid reflux. I've put myself on the diet of a 90-year-old and have considered buying a pez dispenser for my tums. Until my stomach settles down, here are a few thoughts running through my late-night brain.


Ok so for one thing, yesterday I touched a slave collar. Yep, a mother fucking slave collar. It was at an antiques festival and was being sold by a guy who buys things from big estate sales in the south. He also had KKK pins, shackles, a whole bunch of Nazi regalia and other stuff that probably cursed me forever, as I was too naive to realize what I was holding UNTIL IT WAS TOO GOD DAMN LATE. Great, a nazi slave curse right before I get on a plane. No seriously, that's perfect. Just as long as I wear a life preserver to the airport, sit by an emergency exit and carry a chalice full of virgin blood in my carry on.
Other than all that crap I was just talking about, it was actually a really enjoyable sale to wander through; ended up with some lightly used paintbrushes and nice purple bottles. One of them has raised lettering that says 'sperm oil' on the front. I should probably wash that.......


In unrelated news, I've been thinking about trying to name all of the plants that I sold at the greenhouses this summer. derp derp derp. So here's what I got;


Astilbe (Bridal Veil)
Dianthis
Zinnia
Blue Fescue
Flame Grass
Bunny Tails
Roses (climbing, tea, flora bunda)
Hydrangea
Hosta
Rhubarb
Lily (Day, Hardy, Stargazer, Asiatic)
Lobelia
Snap Dragons (hanging, ground)
Clematis
Honeysuckle
Pachasandra
Myrtle
Trumpet Vine
Hens and Chicks
Butterfly Bush
Ribbon Grass
Oriental Poppy
Fern (Japanese Painted, Christmas, Ostrich, Boston)
Feather Reed Grass
Dahlia
Peony
Bleeding Heart
Grapes
Blueberry (Elliot, Bluecrop, Northland)
Hibiscus (perennial, annual)
Chrysanthemum
Foxglove
Bee Balm
Prim Rose
Salvia
Geranium (regular, ivy, Martha Washington)
Rosemary
Thyme
Terragon
Parsley
Basil
Corabell
Euchinacea
Delphinum
Columbine
Marigold
Black-eyed Susan
Lupine
Cilantro
Begonia (tuberous, millon bells)
Petunia (Wave, regular)
Pansy
Violets
Sage
Spikes
Tomato (Heirloom, grape, cherry, pear, canning)
Cucumber (gerden, slicing)
Peppers (Jalapeno, Bell, Chili)
Squash (Pumpkin, Butternut)
Broccoli
Kale
Cabbage
Carrots
Corn
Bellboy's Buttons
Bacopa
Fuscia
Bougenvillia
Spider Plant
Impatien
Kangaroo Plant


...Yay! I know there are more, but that's all I can check of my floral bingo list for tonight.

After a few thousand online comics, adorable puppy and duck photos and some blogging with you fine folks, I'm finally getting a little sleepy and excited for my venture westward. Everyone is asking me, 'Oh what's out in Seattle??' and I don't know or care. I hope to do something great that will save orphan babies from panthers and has dental. In the meantime I just want to pay my bills, sing, dance, love, act and make art. Speaking of, here's some summer art. Been meaning to upload this stuff.










Goodnight, all.

(I left this post up on my computer. I am actually in Seattle now and settling very well so far. ^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment